What is NUPlans?
- NUPlans is the project to implement specialized planning software to replace the University's Excel-based annual budget preparation process.
- NUPlans is a web-based tool built on a Cognos TM1 platform that will provide for better planning and analysis of budget data as well as security and workflow options.
When was it made available?
- The first phase of the project piloted NUPlans with the Feinberg School of Medicine for FY2013 budget preparation in April 2012.
- The full implementation of NUPlans for the rest of the University was released on April 16, 2013 for FY2014 budget preparation.
- Detailed employee salary budgeting, including budgeting for new employees
- Fund budgeting combining revenue and expense chart strings in the same view
- Detailed account level budgeting of designated, endowment and gift chart strings
- Budgeting of the use or buildup of carry forward balances
- Optional budgeting of grant expenses and the resulting ICR
(for the budget year only; these budgets do not impact the normal multi-year grants budgeting process.)
- Budget versioning
- Role-based security for access to salary and grants data
- Department and project level security for chart strings
- Built-in workflow for budget review and approval
Updates and information about the April 2013 implementation
Where to log in, how to request access, and system roles
Information about courses with registration links
Where to get help, tips & tricks, supported browsers, and system status
For assistance, contact our help desk at 847-491-HELP (1-4357) option 2 or email email@example.com