What is NUPlans?
- NUPlans is specialized budget and planning software to replace the University's Excel-based annual budget preparation and forecasting process.
- NUPlans is a web-based tool built on a Cognos TM1 platform that will provide for better planning and analysis of budget data as well as security and workflow options.
- Northwestern uses two separate NUPlans systems: Budget and Forecasting.
When was it made available?
- The first phase of the project piloted NUPlans Budget with the Feinberg School of Medicine for FY2013 budget preparation in April 2012.
- The full implementation of NUPlans Budget for the rest of the University was released on April 16, 2013 for FY2014 budget preparation.
- NUPlans Forecasting, used for creating performance forecasts, will be released in March 2014.
- Role-based security for access to different types of data
- Department and project level security for chart strings
- Detailed employee salary budgeting, including budgeting for new employees
- Fund budgeting combining revenue and expense chart strings in the same view
- Detailed account level budgeting of designated, endowment, and gift chart strings
- Budgeting of the use or buildup of carry forward balances
- Optional budgeting of grant expenses and the resulting ICR
- Budget versioning and built-in workflow for budget review and approval
- Support for multi-level forecasting at the account, chart string, and/or all funds levels
- Monthly data imports
- Additional modules support grant, salary, and tuition forecasting
Information about the 2013 NUPlans Budget implementation. Coming soon: Forecasting implementation details.
Where to log in, how to request access, and system roles
Information about courses with registration links
Where to get help, tips & tricks, supported browsers, and system status
For assistance, contact our help desk at 847-491-HELP (1-4357) option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org